Sunday, June 22, 2008

$500...ha ha you must be kidding

Jessica from customer care told me that she had been authorized to offer me a 500.00 gift card to compensate me for my trouble. You have got to be kidding me. I token gesture of a 5% discount on my cabinet order. What on earth would I do with a 500.00 gift card to Home Depot at this point? Do you honestly think I would ever spend another dime in your stores? And frankly I find compensation in the amount of 500.00 to be an insult. However there is something else going on here as well. This 500,00 offer was made based on the fact that my cabinet purchase was around 5000.00 according to what Jessica told me on the phone. Please note this is half of what I actually paid for these cabinets. Ironically my dad has been saying all along that I did not get the cabinets that I paid for. Then this descrepancy appears in the total paid for the cabinets I think he may be right. I have pictures documenting all the problems my dad had to fix on these cabinets ( frames bowed out because pieces that were too long were jammed into the cabinets, glue intended for the seams in the cabinets that is no where near the seams etc etc.) before installing them. In short these cabients are nothing but junk and the assembly is even worse than materials that were used to make them. So much for buying American made products.

No comments: